Thursday, October 7, 2010

mysterious shenanigans...?

Today I got my domestic goddess on, and cleaned a friends’ apartment for a couple of hours. I am now motivated to clean my own bathroom which is looking pretty gross at the moment... so the plan is to do it Friday. This evening, thankfully it didn’t rain and so most of my bible study peeps were able to enjoy 2 rounds of PUTT PUTT oh yeah... : D. We played the jungle course first, boys VS girls and the boys won but only by 4 points! This was followed by bumping into some old friends, eating a killer python (the lolly not a real one : P duh...), managing to hit the ball off the course into the bushes numerous times, and then... we did the water course! Much fun was had by all, and the great thing is that we get to go back to do the awesome one with all the windmills and tunnels and what not! Wooo! That concludes my mysterious shenanigans...

So I was thinking this week... I haven’t exactly looked at my ‘to do’ list... and you (well mostly I) need to look at it so I know what I’m supposed to be doing. And in usual fashion with the lack of looking I have not really gotten much done! Does this happen to you? This happens to me all the time, and hence why the list making and looking is so important. I have lists everywhere! On my cork board, on my magnet board, glue tacked to my desk and my mirror, on my phone, and on bits of paper, Oh and also on Microsoft One Note – so so many notes! I came to the conclusion that my lack of doing was due to the lack of ‘to do’ list that I can view more easily. And so I have printed my list and stuck it on my mirror, as any good list maker does. So here is what I have done so far... let’s hope I improve!



Do you have any handy tips on how to make getting things done better? Where do you like to leave your notes and lists? What sort of things do you put in your lists?

And so we find ourselves at the topic of ‘lust’... I haven’t found the book ‘Battles Christians Face’ too insightful... in fact I feel that I could have written it... good reminders of things I guess. Here are a few things that I thought I would share; Roberts says... [Lust] is about me: my desires and satisfaction; the other person is often incidental. But in God’s creation design, sex in marriage should be self-giving and focused on the other person.

4 key lessons from 2 Samuel 11:1-12:14...
1. Beware dangerous circumstances
2. Don’t take the next step
3. Remember where lust leads
4. Listen to God’s word

The most horrifically insightful thing on lust is C.J.Mahaney's podcast 'Soul of Modesty' - check it out on Itunes!

And to end on a nicer note... here are some pics: flowers from the garden, Ulladullah, and an awesome retro Coca-Cola sign : ).
 
Until tomorrow,
Your friend Liz : )

No comments:

Post a Comment