Hello there and welcome to the 2nd edition of todays blog post!
I thought that I would share the first few points from Harris’ book which struck me and psyched me up for living more for Jesus. Hope it does the same for y’all, so here we go:
- fix eyes on Jesus and so what he says.
- really get to know God’s character.
- mentor – observe character and be shaped by their example.
- listen to sermon podcasts (Mahaney).
- read books on doctrine and theology.
- think deeply, so that I feel deeply – think about the truth of who Jesus is and what he’s done.
- true goodness hates evil.
- books to check out – Knowing God by J.I. Packer, Spurgeon v. Hyper Calvinism and The Forgotten Spurgeon by Iain H. Murray, The Disciples of Grace by Jerry Bridges, Holiness by J.C. Ryle, Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem and the Cross of Christ by John Stott.
Just reading them like that in dot points may make it seem like they are simple tasks – but in reality they are things that will only happen if you make them a priority, and they will only be a priority if we see them as important, and we will only see them as important if God has changed our hearts and minds from people who want to glorify ourselves to men and women who want to glorify God with our lives. And I believe that God will continue this good work in me and you, as we live radically with extraordinary love for God and others.
Tune in next time to see how God has been changing my heart that I may put these points into practice and how its not a to do list – as much as I love them…
Please do share how God has been working in your life, what he’s been teaching you and how he’s been using you for his glory! : D
Until next time friendlikins!
love love Liz xo
P.S. If my words haven’t psyched you up maybe this video will.