Friday, November 5, 2010

Amelie


This rainy ol’ evening I watched the quirkiness which is Amelie. I LOVE how she finds pleasure in the small things in life, like skimming rocks over water and putting her hands into seed... These days people only seem to be impressed by ridiculously expensive visual effects in movies and games and pretty much anything that is new. Although the new can be exciting, you can become very easily bored by it, when the next new thing it out! I’ve decided from tonight on I’m going to take the time to enjoy something small each day, whether it’s listening to the rain pitter patter on the roof, or the swishing noise the car makes on a wet road – that’s what I’ve done tonight : ). When the rain clears up I look forward to looking for shapes in the clouds, following a butterfly around the garden, and turning off the TV and radio to just sit in silence. We are surrounded by soo much noise pollution, that I find that I can’t even think! Do you find that you can’t think either? Maybe you’re good at tuning out the music or maybe you don’t want to? I like to have time to think, to ponder about my day and the occurrences and what my opinion is about certain things... Otherwise I find that I go through life a bit numb, and without purpose and direction, and I don’t learn things if I don’t think. There’s something that I read, which said that God is in the silence... I think that’s true.

Until next time,
Your friend Liz : )

P.S. How AWESOME is the name Amelie! Not quite Emily, and not quite Amelia – a noice combo me thinks! I want to call my daughter Amelie : )

P.P.S. Here is a butterfly I painted about 8 yrs ago! 

No comments:

Post a Comment