Friday, September 17, 2010

Friendlikins

What a lovely day it’s been! Well, afternoon... I only got to experience 15 mins of the morning... that’s what happens when you go to be @ 3:30 am! And so I missed out on seeing my lovely friendlikins at uni today : (.

This arvo I got to go to my lovely friend Josie’s place : D. We had a great time making banana bread (a tad on the burnt side...), drinking tea, knitting and checking out all the cool features on some camera apps I got last night : D. Tre Fun! Later Jen, Julian and Kristen came over and we had Taco’s for dinner, which were delicious. We also checked out some hil-AR-ious YouTube clips and websites, such as the sneezing baby panda http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_WWAVXZyuQ : P and lol cats http://www.lolcats.com/view/25933/. Many laughs were had over more tea and yummy chocolate, oh and banana bread!

Here are some of our shenanigans...













Lately I’ve been thinking about how wonderful it is that God provides us with friends, whether it be one really good friend or a whole bunch! I’m so thankful for all the lovely people I’ve at uni this year, and saddened that I won’t be able to see them as much now...

The passage from Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, which says, “Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up.”


Makes me feel so thankful for my friends who have really stuck by me to help me through the hard times; who have cried with me, listened to all the happenings of life that God sends my way, and have shared their wisdom and helped me to fix my eyes on Jesus during these times. God has brought me much comfort, peace and joy particularly through the hard times, which has really helped me to rely on him more – which has been such a blessing! So even though it’s kinda dangerous to say, I say bring on the hard times! For I really want to grow and be drawn closer to the creator, my saviour and Lord! And so now that God has brought me comfort, I want to bring comfort to others, just as it says to do so in 2 Corinthians 1:3-5.

Oh, and I have been knitting many many squares, which I will then learn how to crotchet around the edges, and then send it on its way to wrap with love – who will then send to an organisation – who will then send around the world to those who are in need. So much sending, so little time : P. You can check out the sending magic here:

Here is a pic I took of my crocheted blanket which I edited and somehow turned out looking like Australia : P. And my mountainous pile of squares! I only have 14 to go and I’m done!





If you don’t mind a bit of knitting and what not yourself, you’ll probably enjoy this blog http://meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com/ i sure do! : D

Until tomorrow,
Your friend Liz : )

No comments:

Post a Comment